Refunds Policy for Withdrawals and Dismissals for AP Classes

Dismissals will occur when the teacher writes, by certified mail return receipt requested, to PA Homeschoolers (105 Richman LN, Kittanning PA 16201) notifying us that the student has been dismissed from the class because of the student's failure to complete class requirements. The date of dismissal will be indicated by the date that the certified letter was postmarked.

Withdrawals will occur when the parent writes, by certified mail return receipt requested, to PA Homeschoolers (105 Richman LN, Kittanning PA 16201) notifying us that the student is withdrawing from the class. The date of withdrawal will be indicated by the date that the certified letter was postmarked. In that letter, the parent must include the reason that the student is withdrawing from the class.

The family will receive a refund from PA Homeschoolers based upon the remaining portion of the class for withdrawals or dismissals that occur before January 1:

  1. For withdrawals or dismissals before September 1, parents will receive a 90% refund. The other 10% percent is a non-refundable registration deposit.
  2. For withdrawals or dismissals in September, parents will receive an 80% refund.
  3. For withdrawals or dismissals in October parents will receive a 70% refund.
  4. For withdrawals or dismissals in November parents will receive a 60% refund.
  5. For withdrawals or dismissals in December parents will receive a 50% refund.

When students are dismissed from a class after December because of the student's failure to complete class requirements, no refund will be given.

Refunds for withdrawals after December would only be given when a teacher has been failing to fulfill his or her class commitments. Where such refunds are granted they will be based upon the following schedule:

  1. The maximum refund for a withdrawal during January would be 40%.
  2. The maximum refund for a withdrawal during February would be 30%.
  3. The maximum refund for a withdrawal during March would be 20%.
  4. The maximum refund for a withdrawal during April would be 10%.

No refunds will be given for any reason whatsoever after April.

Refunds Policy for Withdrawals and Dismissals for SAT Essay Preparation Classes

Dismissals will occur when the teacher writes, by certified mail return receipt requested, to PA Homeschoolers (105 Richman LN, Kittanning PA 16201) notifying us that the student has been dismissed from the class because of the student's failure to complete class requirements. The date of dismissal will be indicated by the date that the certified letter was postmarked.

Withdrawals will occur when the parent writes, by certified mail return receipt requested, to PA Homeschoolers (105 Richman LN, Kittanning PA 16201) notifying us that the student is withdrawing from the class. The date of withdrawal will be indicated by the date that the certified letter was postmarked. In that letter, the parent must include the reason that the student is withdrawing from the class.

The family will receive a refund from PA Homeschoolers based upon the remaining portion of the class for withdrawals or dismissals that occur before then completing of the completion of the second week of the class:

  1. For withdrawals or dismissals before the class begins, parents will receive a 90% refund. The other 10% percent is a non-refundable registration deposit.
  2. For withdrawals or dismissals during the first week of the class, Sunday thruogh Saturday, parents will receive an 80% refund.
  3. For withdrawals or dismissals during the second week of the class, Sunday thruogh Saturday, parents will receive a 70% refund.

When students are dismissed from a class after the second week because of the student's failure to complete class requirements, no refund will be given.

Refunds for withdrawals after the second week would only be given when a teacher has been failing to fulfill his or her class commitments. Where such refunds are granted they will be based upon the following schedule:

  1. The maximum refund for a withdrawal during the third week would be 50%.
  2. The maximum refund for a withdrawal during fourth week would be 25%.

No refunds will be given for any reason whatsoever after the conclusion of the class.