A Sample Week
AP European History, Mrs. Meghan Paher
Prospective students and parents often wonder what AP European History is like and what students do each week.
Each Friday I send out a “Weekly Assignments” email that lists all the assignments for the next week. All assignments are due on the following Friday, but students are welcome to work at their own pace and around their own schedule.
Below is a sample “Weekly Assignments” list.
Week 14 Assignments
French Revolution & Napoleon
- Spielvogel, Western Civilization, Chapter 19
- Barron’s Guide, Chapter 5
- Read at least 6 primary source documents from your anthology or online
- Write the Scientific Revolution DBQ (in PDF attachment).
- Post your essay on the class website “Essays” page.
- Post a date on the class timeline.
- Add to your creative timeline.
4. Think-it-Through MCQ
- Write IDs for the key events and people in the Barron’s Guide, chap. 5
- Do the “French Revolution” quiz on the class website.
7. Creative Project/MCQs
- Do the Historical T-Shirt project (post it on the “Projects” page).
- Write 3 practice MCQs on the French Revolution (post them on the “Study Buddy” page).
All weekly assignments are due on Friday.
Click here to see other class showcases